Monday, January 9, 2012

A couple new entries up on my long-ignored video blog Frenzy of the Visible, including the you'd-think-it's-a-joke-but-it-isn't cancer-themed Peanuts television special Why, Charlie Brown, Why? which I was informed of today thanks to an Onion AV Club article.

In other cancer-related news, Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi has been diagnosed with lymphoma. Considering my mother died of the same ailment just a few months ago, I feel fairly pessimistic about this development, but I'm still hoping that the original lineup can complete the LP they recently started working on with Rick Rubin, who has been so successful with helping aging icons distill the primal urgency of their early years without sacrificing their hard-earned maturity and wisdom. Godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment