Sunday, June 24, 2012


I inherited great dusty boxes of family photos and slides following my mother's death, so I've been gradually sifting through, sorting and appraising ... the above photo was included, although I'm not sure of the identity of these children. It can't be my brother Greg and I -- we were never this awesome. Perhaps some German relatives I've never met? Whoever they are, I hope they are still exactly the same.

More photos to follow ... my grandfather was a very good amateur photographer during the post-WWII years, and there are many creative and/or adorable portraits of my mother's childhood in this collection which don't require family ties to appreciate.

For example ...



1 comment:

  1. These are great. I can't help but think how sorting through family albums will soon be a thing of the distant past. I know my photo albums go up through about 10 years ago and then just abruptly end...

    ReplyDelete